Friday, March 21, 2008

Dying Easter Eggs with a Spirited Toddler

Yesterday my mom came over and we helped Missy La La dye her very first Easter Eggs. I really didn't think she was going to dig it at all. Well, I was wrong!

She loved it, kinda. She loved making the pretty eggs, but she hated making a mess. Whenever a little dye would get on the table she would point and whine until someone wiped it up. I don't know how such a neat freak ended up in this messy family. I don't know.

We got this kit to make sparkle eggs. They are really pretty. The process was, you dip the egg in this sticky solution, then you dip it in the sparkles they provide. La La really liked how these eggs looked, but my mom made the mistake of telling her to reach in the sparkle bag to grab her first sparkle egg.

Oh holy moly, she got sparkles all over her hands and freaked out. We had to call a time out and get her all washed up and clean, then get back to business. :)

All in all it was really fun and she enjoyed herself. I ran out of eggs pretty fast. I only boiled 18 eggs ~ I mean she's only one kid right? She kept yelling more egg, more egg.

After we finished she kept going back to the eggs and picking them up and admiring them. Bringing them over to us to show us the beautiful eggs she made, unfortunately we dropped a couple in the process and cracked them, but they're still edible.

Fun fun fun. Here's a slide show of the best pics we got. I was so busy taking pictures of her having fun I almost forgot to get any pictures of me and her! Most of the pics are my mom and La La.



Until Next time, Happy Hoppy Easter!

No comments: